Sunday, March 16, 2008

Meme de películas

Asi es, un meme en el blog 0: Es para que lo respondan los demas, asi que quien sea que lea esto debería intentarlo. Ahi va:

1. Pick 15 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. NO GOOGLING/using IMDb search functions.
5. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and
put who guessed it and the movie.
6. Those who guess correctly have to do the Meme next!

1.
"You were right, freedom is not just a dream, it's there, beyond those fences that we build all by ourselves."
2.
"Are you coming or going?"
"I don't know. Both."
3.
"What do you do when the thing you most wanted, so perfect, just comes?"
4.
"Days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months. And then, one not-so-very special day, I went to my typewriter, I sat down, and I wrote our story. A story about a time, a story about a place, a story about the people. But above all things, a story about love. A love that will live forever."
5.
"No, it's not stupid, Signora Mayes. L'amore e cieco."
"Oh, love is blind. Yeah, we have that saying too."
"Everybody has that saying because it's true everywhere."
6.
"I want to do something for her... but what?"
"Well, there's the usual things: flowers... chocolates... promises you don't intend to keep..."
7.
"Seal my fate tonight. I hate to have to cut the fun short, but the joke's wearing thin. Let the audience in. Let my opera begin!"
8.
"Will you go out with me?"
"What? No."
"No...?"
"No."
"Why not?"
"I dunno, because I don't want to."
"OK, then you leave me no other choice."
"AHHHH"
"I'm gonna ask you one more time, will you or will you not go out with me? I think my hand's slipping."
"OK, OK. Fine I'll go out with you."
"No, don't do me any favors."
"No, no I want to."
"Say it."
"I wanna go out with you."
"Say it again."
"I WANNA GO OUT WITH YOU!"
"All right, all right we'll go out."
9.
"Here's another curse for you - may all your bacon burn."
10.
"Are you alright? You appear to be injured."
"This?"
"Yeah."
"Yesterday I was trying to complete a self portrait. I just couldn't get the ear right, so I... cut it off and threw it away."
11.
"It's just, I thought she'd always be here."
"So did I. But in fact, she is, because she's on every page of your imagination. You'll always have her there. Always."
"But why did she have to die?"
"I don't know, Peter. When I think of your mother, I will always remember how happy she looked, sitting there in the parlor watching a play about her family, about her boys that never grew up. She went to Neverland. And you can visit her any time you like if you just go there yourself."
"How?"
"By believing, Peter. Just believe."
12.
"Then, on the fourth day, he roped himself a couple of sea turtles, lashed 'em together and made a raft."
"He roped a couple of sea turtles."
"Aye. Sea turtles."
"What did he use for rope?"
"Human hair."
[pause]
"From my back."
13.
"There's an eye in me soup."
14.
"Man, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off."
15.
"In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. But there are times when a critic truly risks something, and that is in the discovery and defense of the new. The world is often unkind to new talent, new creations, the new needs friends. Last night, I experienced something new, an extraordinary meal from a singularly unexpected source. To say that both the meal and its maker have challenged my preconceptions about fine cooking is a gross understatement. They have rocked me to my core. In the past, I have made no secret of my disdain for Chef Gusteau's famous motto: Anyone can cook. But I realize, only now do I truly understand what he meant. Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere. It is difficult to imagine more humble origins than those of the genius now cooking at Gusteau's, who is, in this critic's opinion, nothing less than the finest chef in France. I will be returning to Gusteau's soon, hungry for more."
16. (bonus! No pude resistirme y fue muy dificil escoger un quote de esta)

"We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for."

A ver cuantas pueden adivinar. :D

No comments: